Today, Union health minister Azad ridiculed Homosex as unnatural disease and said that culture spreaded to India from western culture in a seminar at New Delhi. Statement triggered a wide flak from the human rights organisations and various NGO’s of LGBT.
This statement diverted the attention of not only national media but also international media. Media broadcasted debates and tried to collect the feedback from various sections. Why media has developed such anxiety towards the topic of LGBT. National media has developed interest in sensationalizing such masala and entertainment issues by keeping away most of the crucial issues of southern India. That is the different topic and would write exclusively on the relavant matter in future updates.
LGBT (or GLBT) is an initialism used since the 1990s as a self-designation by what was formerly known as the “gay community”. It refers collectively to “lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender” people.
Issues and views posed by LGBT organisations regarding their argument for legalizing Gay/Homo/lesbian/transgender sex.
1) Sex is one’s option and it is very natural right.
2) People should have enough freedom in selection of partner irrespective of gender in enjoying sex.
3) Govt and society has no right to command individual’s sex preferences.
Most of the western countries is thinking about the possibility in legalizing gay marriages and gay relationships due to the support and popularity backing them.
Arguments against LGBT
1) Unhealthy like Aids and STD ( Sexually transmitted diseases).
2) Failure of marriage system and human relationships.
3) Fate of the children may be questioned.
4) Population may be in check if this LGBT tendency grows. LGBT relations are not population productive.
5) All the existing religions and social norms condemned unnatural sex.
Why this unnatural culture is growing ?
1) Due to the obscenity in popular media.
2) Hostels and jails are emerging platforms for such unnatural sexual desires.
3) In the name of human rights, people lost interest in morals, ethics and cultural values.
4) Lack of sex education. Conservative and developing countries have been hesitating to impose sex education at school level. Govt should impose sex education to give a better idea about sex in upper primary schools.
We are not supposed to say such practice is wrong without elaborate explanation on its ill health and psychic effects.
5) Westernization and free access to porn through media, mms and gadgets.
American Academy of Pediatrics stated in Pediatrics in 2004:
Sexual orientation probably is not determined by any one factor but by a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences. In recent decades, biologically based theories have been favored by experts. Although there continues to be controversy and uncertainty as to the genesis of the variety of human sexual orientations, there is no scientific evidence that abnormal parenting, sexual abuse, or other adverse life events influence sexual orientation. Current knowledge suggests that sexual orientation is usually established during early childhood.
Whatever the concerns of human rights and views, LGBT relationships are unnatural and will have bad implications on society from all the dimensions in the long term. Why govt is imposed ban on drugs by not claiming it is individual right or preference ?. Because, we know it will have bad impact on the health of the people. Human rights may be violated by restricting LGBT, but it is inevitable from the health and socio cultural perspectives. But, we must explain clearly about the effects of such unnatural practices instead of denying them as wrong in single statement. But, the problem is, Indians are not ready to discuss this controversial issue in front of adolescents. Its time for Indians to break up their silence.