Indian Banking Apps of some of the prominent banks installed on your mobile device are found to be at risk.Quick Heal Security Labs has discovered an Andriod banking Trojan that targets 232-plus banking and finance apps called Andriod.banker.A9480, the malware is designed to steal login credentials,hijack SMSes,show fake notifications send USSD requests and upload users contact lists on a malicious server.
The security bug imposes a overlay screen on top of the apps to steal confidential user information like internet banking login ID and password.According to the report,the malware app is being distributed through a fake Flash Player app.
Here are the 12 Indian Banking apps that named:
- Axis.mobile(Axis mobile)
- Snapwork.hdfc(HDFC Banking)
- Sbi.SBIFreedomplus(SBI Anywhere personal)
- hdfcquickbank(HDFC bank MobileBanking LITE)
- Csam.icici.bank.imobile(imobile by ICICI Bank)
- Snapwork.IDBI(IDBI Bank Go Mobile+)
- idbibank.abhay_card(Abhay by IDBI Bank Ltd)
- Com.idbi(IDBI Bank Go Mobile)
- idbi.mpassbook(IDBI Bank mpassbook)
- Co.bankofbaroda.mpassbook(Baroda mpassbook)
- Unionbank.ecommerce.mobile.andriod(Union Bank Mobile Banking)
- Unionbank.ecommerce.mobile.commercial.legacy(Union Bank Commercial Clients)