Is saffron charisma lost its credibility among poor and down trodden? Did congress attract this mass from Hindutva to development raaga? BJP’s and its alliance debacle at Parliament elections and the latest assembly polls of Maharashtra, Haryana and Arunachal Pradesh raised plethora of questions regarding the role of saffron parties in mainstream politics. This victory signifies BJP’s inability and incapability of turning anti incumbancy in the form of votes due to Raj Thackeray’s foul play of splitting Hindu nationalistic vote bank.
Myriad of inner dimensions have been associated with the failure of BJP besides Raj Thackeray influence. I would like to recall some of them.
1) BJP’s lack of leadership and span of command.
2) Lack of organisition and co operation among saffron parties.
3) Great debate among hindu nationalistic intellectuals regarding Jinnah’s role in Indian freedom struggle and his commitment to secularism ( I wonder how far Jinnah related to contemporary Indian nationalism).
4) Lack of proper campaigning
5) People still in the hangover of congress stupendous victory at parliament elections and the role of NREGS and Loan waiver schemes in middle class families.
Pertinent questions to raise:
1) will BJP appoint new leader for Loksabha?
2) will BJP pose a new prime ministerial candidate instead of Adwani?
3) Will BJP give up the “Great Debate” on Jinnah role?
4) Will BJP ready to give up “Ram mandir” slogan ?
5) will BJP restructure its committees to give oxygen to the saffron movement.